Welcome new members! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

[ Introduce yourself (and your car) to everyone! ]

Moderator: SpecRaceM5

SpecRaceM5
E30 Addict

Welcome new members! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

Unread postby SpecRaceM5 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:25 pm

I'd like to start by welcoming you to the fastest growing e30 community of Sothern California. You have picked a great vehicle that will treat you well if you treat it well. I personally have made many friends through the e30 community and it has opened a lot of doors in my life. That being said, I'd like to lay down a few ground rules for this forum that will hopefully make it a better place for everyone.

1. Please read. Absorb as much information as you can and share it with others. We may not have all the answers here, but usually we know where you can find them. Use the search function of our site and other sites before asking questions. You would be amazed at what you can find with a 10 minute search. Do not be afraid to ask questions though if you have trouble finding the information you need. I am as guilty as anyone when it comes to being a little lazy and wanting a streight answer for a simple question without having to dig and decifer.

2. Treat others how you would like to be treated. We will not tollerate any bashing or personal attachs. There are many forums that have been ruined by this and we all take pride in the fact that this forum keeps that kind of worthless chatter to a minimum. Try to leave the ego's out. I am as guilty of letting things I think I know close my mind to knowledge I could be gaining from unlikely sorces. The more open minded you are, the more you will gain and contribute to this community.

3. This is a community, not just a forum. It kind of goes back to my intro in that I have made several friends through this community and you can too. Treat it like your family. We all have to coincide between these digital walls.

4. Try to take and give equally. There is more than just information to offer here. If you are green to these cars or cars in general, that doesn't mean you can't lend a hand here and there, or offer some constructive criticism. It may help you more in the long run than you think.

5. This goes with out saying, but if you are a spammer you will be deleted from the site.

6. Take everything with a grain of salt. There are a lot of opinions on what is right and wrong when it comes to these cars. Try to learn the trends and what's good and bad, but don't be afraid to try something new or express your own style. It's your car. People won't always agree with what you do, but as long as you are happy, that is all that matters.

7. Lastly, just have fun and try and meet some of our members. I can't express enough how great this community can be, but it really is what you make of it.

There are several other little things that I'm probably leaving out and may add later, but just have some respect for the moderators and administrator and if they ask you to change something or do something, do it. We are not an unreasonable bunch and usually have reasons behind the things we say.

My name is Brian. I am a certified BMW technician at Beverly Hills BMW. I do not know everything by any means but if I can be of any help, let me know.

Cheers,

Brian
1993 Ring Taxi
d3r1ckr0x
E30 Addict

Unread postby d3r1ckr0x » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:55 pm

good post
8)
- Derick aka d3r1ckr0x aka drkr0x619
'86 325es (Junked :()
'89 325i (Parts Car/Junked)
'89 325i (DD)
Being a little different.
Angus
e30 Modder

Unread postby Angus » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:10 pm

+1
R.I.P Janis
SpecRaceM5
E30 Addict

Unread postby SpecRaceM5 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:51 pm

I'd like to add a small tutorial on the funtions of the forum.

The basic HTML code is fun and simple once you get the hang of it.

Typically the code will have a code in brackets, then what ever you want to type. And finally a back slash, then the code again, in brackets. For example, if I wanted to do something in bold I could type [8]e30[/8] but exchange the "8" for a "b" and it will look like this e30.

That may have been confusing so we simplified it. Just below the bar that you type your subject in, there is a row of icons with text in them. If you click the icon, it will imput that code in message box. Input your text after the icon. Then click the button again and it will input your finish code. Use preview to see if it is input correctly. This works for quotes, bold, pictures, etc. Which brings me to the next topic. Posting pictures.

To post a pic, you have o have it hosted on line somewhere first. Go sign up for photobucket. Read their tutorials and start hosting pics on their site for free. Then use the image code which is [img]insert%20image%20URL%20here[/img]. I hope this helps people use some of the forum functions. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.
1993 Ring Taxi
Jake
Grammar Nazi

Unread postby Jake » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:08 am

Heres a thorough tutorial on how to host pictures for free.

http://socale30.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5276
there / they're / their ...then / than ...two / too / to ...bass / base ...bare / bear ...brake / break ...you're / your ...do / due / dew ...patients / patience ...wait / weight ...affect / effect ...know / no ...sell / sale / sail / cell ...whole / hole ...reign / rain ...moot / mute ...its / it's ...pore / pour / poor ...buy / bye / by / bi ...lose / loose ...here / hear ...bore / boar / boor ...waist / waste ...were / we're ...and / an ...mourning / morning ...shelve / shelf ...well / we'll / will ...one / won / Juan ...who's / whose ...through / threw ...for / fore / 4 / four ...bored / board ...steel / steal / still ...scene / seen ....road / rode ...sight / site / cite ...mat / matte ...ascent / ascend ...tear / tare ...throw / throw ...vice / vise ...meat / meet / mete ...pour / poor / pore ...learn the difference
CHIF8008

Re: Welcome new members! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

Unread postby CHIF8008 » Wed May 18, 2011 2:17 pm

thanks, helped a lot

homie
-MECHANIC SMASH!! (You all know you do it)
SDmtechnic858
E30 Addict

Unread postby SDmtechnic858 » Wed May 18, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi brian
Respect is earned. Not given.
★ ====== ✈ ★
SpecRaceM5
E30 Addict

Unread postby SpecRaceM5 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:01 pm

I'd like to update this with a couple more requests. Please keep profanity in all sections other then "Off Topic" to a minimum. Back when I started posting on message boards Off Topic was the only place it was allowed and I would like to keep that standard on here. I understand that times change and crude language is more acceptable now. I by no means want to hinder your freedom of speech, however there is a time and a place for it and as we grow as a community I can say that the level of respect that new members give you will be affected by your choice of language. Please keep user names, signatures and avatars clean. Many users of all ages view this forum and I know many of our elders don't appreciate it. You will be amazed at the level of respect you gain from those older then you simply for your knowledge and willingness to help each other. Your language may ultimately limit how much respect they give.

Look at your post count like the mileage on your car. We typically see a balanced car with appropriate years of age to mmileage as a real gem where as a newer car with miles racked up on it is more of a turd. Think of your posts the same way. 3,0000 posts with only a few months of membership either means you are incredibly helpful or more likely a post whore who's posts should be ignored as their value is seldom worth anything. The difference between posts per years and mileage per years is that people can look back at every post and see it's value. Again this plays into respect and it goes a long way. This group and it's members have a reputation for maintaining a high level of respect. Let's keep it up and show future members why we are a community worth being a part of.

Cheers,

Brian
1993 Ring Taxi
airmanjay

Unread postby airmanjay » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:18 am

I would like to know how I can purchase a shirt?? I can't seem to find anything about this option???
Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

Jason
Eddi-e30

Unread postby Eddi-e30 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:17 am

I'm :-D happy to be part of socale30 forum .

Return to “New Members”